All groups and classes are open to Native American/Alaskan Native parents and caregivers and their children living in Lake County.
Circle of Security Parenting Class™
Circle of Security Parenting ™program focuses on how parent/child relationships can be strengthened and teaches parents and caregivers new ways to understand their children’s needs, behaviors and effective ways to respond.
This class is for parents and caregivers with children 0-5 years old. Class meets for 10 weeks with lunch and childcare provided for all participants. Participants must register for class by contacting (707) 263-8382 ext. 1311.
Facilitated by COS-P Educator & Licensed Clinician, Angela Knight, LMFT (707) 263-8382 ext. 1431
Parent-Child Activity Group
Thursdays from 11:00-12:30 pm
This group is for parents and caregivers with children 0-5 years old. Healthy snacks and a monthly drawing to win a book for your child.
Facilitated by Angela Knight, LMFT (707) 263-8382 ext. 1431
Motherhood is Sacred
"The family is at the heart of Native American cultures. There is no other work more important than fatherhood and motherhood."–NAFFA
· Assist mothers and families to realize their full potential
· Understand the power of wise choices
· Build character and integrity
· Understand the sacredness of Motherhood
· Gain practical skills in parenting, relationships and social judgement
· Develop skills to be responsible and nurturing parents
· Promote unity within community to help families and individuals face life's challenges
DATES AND TIMES FOR FUTURE CLASSES TO BE ANNOUNCED
Contact Enola Dick Facilitator at (707) 263-8382 ext. 1306